Middle Sandy Evangelical Presbyterian Church
The Middle Sandy Congregation was first recognized in 1816 when Benjamin Anderson deeded a quarter section of his land to the people gathering to worship God in the area. It was named so because it sat on the edge of Middle Sandy Creek in what was called Winchester, Ohio at the time. The name of the town was later changed to Homeworth in 1869 when it was discovered another town was also named Winchester in Brown County, Ohio.
The congregation was first mentioned "officially" in the Presbytery of Hartford's records in 1820. The first church building was built in 1825 and was a log cabin.
A different building was erected in 1853 to house the growing congregation and in 1963 the current sanctuary was constructed across the road.
In 1996 the education wing was dedicated at the church's 175th anniversary.